• Japanese title: Fire Emblem Kakusei (ファイアーエムブレム 覚醒).
• Other names: Fire Emblem 3DS, FEA, FE:A.
• Release date:
- Japan: April 19, 2012. January 30, 2013 (Eshop).
• System: Nintendo 3DS.
- America: February 4, 2013.
- Europe: April 19, 2013.
Unlike the previous game, it came out of Japan. FE12 seems to have been released right at the end of DS's life and so it was not taken out of there among other reasons like sales or work necessary for it. And although this was announced as a completely new Fire Emblem, is a continuation of Marth's games, this means, the continents of Akanea and Valencia (FE1/3/11/12 and FE12 respectively) but hundreds of years later.
There is even a mysterious masked character very similar to Marth, and allusions to continents and characters of others Fire Emblem too, some that are considered leyends (so itsn't that necessary to play the previous Fire Emblems, is similar to listening to old tales). But the main Story like how the japanese logo says is as follow:
"Two sleeping dragons - one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with the symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening - and the world's ending."
There is a sacred kingdom called Ylisse, which a long time ago its founder defeated an evil dragon called Grima. With the help of the divine dragon Naga and the Falchion sword was able, and so, centuries later the descendants of this hero are Emmeryn (current queen of Ylisse) and Chrom and Lissa, her younger siblings.
At the north of this kingdom is Ferox, a military nation covering most of all of the entire continent, and in the south-west is Plegia which is a more desert area, and where a sect that supports Grima is. In recent years they have generated problems between countries, especially by the ravages the previous king of Ylisse did.
Chrom starts a guard group for these reasons and to maintain the order in a external way to his country, since now Ylisse tries to remain peaceful under the new reign of Emmeryn who also tries to correct the caused by her father, the previous king. But while Chrom is patrolling with his group, he finds a fainted person who lost his memory and knows Chrom, even though Chrom has never seen such person...
Among other new features, something that many will like, is that they left aside the style of Shadow Dragon, coming back to a more Anime style like the series always had. And on the other hand:
- Includes downloadable content , which Nintendo expect to be worth for you to spend money on it.
- We have voices in battles, and more effects like characters cut-ins when activating skills, phrases as they level up.... more dialogue for each character.
Now you can use two characters to attack one enemy, or use one of your allies to protect another, inside the same battle. This system is called "Dual Attack" and "Dual Protection" that take into account details like the character's supports, and so you can also send them in pairs to take advantage of things like the greater movement of one of their classes.
- A character's faces changes their expressions more continuously in each dialogue.
- Is possible to change the view in battles. Even stop it, zoom in or out, or see the action in first person taking advantage of the 3D effect in the console.
The skill system come back again (and you now learn them by leveling up) , more animated sequences, and even a race similar to laguz from FE9 /10.
- World map:
Is possible to move freely around the world map and fight in random encounters outside the story chapters, and in that way increasing the duration of the game. Like in FE8, and by having a promotion branching too.
- Is possible to create a "My Unit", with the difficulty setting of FE12 (an optional mode without permanent deaths and a Lunatic mode),... but this time by having supports that affect the new dual system too. And more stuff like forges.
- And so, you'll be able to marry and have childrens
By the way, it must be said that this game is in a console with 3D effect, isn't possible to view how the game truly is as you need the console in front of you.
(Read more / Hide)
Fire Emblem Awakening Walkthrough
Fire Emblem Awakening Paralogues
Additional Content (Xenologue)
Official sites (external)